Boca Raton, West Palm Beach & Jupiter Drug Crimes Defense Attorney
Florida Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you have been arrested for any type of drug-related offense: drug possession, distribution, cultivation, manufacturing or trafficking - you will need to retain a Boca Raton drug crime attorney who has the skill and the determination to defend your rights during the entire criminal process, all the way through to a trial.
Robert G. Whittel is a Florida criminal defense lawyer who devotes a large portion of his practice to defending drug crime charges. As a former prosecutor, Mr. Whittel has experience with both sides of a criminal charge and uses this unique knowledge to his clients' benefit. Because attorney Robert Whittel also has a thorough understanding of Florida law as well as Federal law regarding drug crimes, he can determine what defense strategy is most likely to meet with success in the courtroom.
At the Law Offices of Whittel & Melton, our Boca Raton drug crime lawyers have many consultation locations from which we offer aggressive criminal defense strategies to those accused of all types of drug crimes throughout Florida. Our South Florida clients are best served from our Boca Raton location, no matter if the case is being litigated in Key West, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach or Stuart. We offer a free case evaluation regarding your drug charges to see how we may be able to help you.
Drug Crime in Florida
Florida is one of the prime spots in the U.S. for international drug trafficking as well as interstate drug crimes. Its physical layout, with approximately 8,000 miles of coastline as well as numerous international airports, provides ample opportunity to organizations and groups looking to smuggle drugs into or out of the state. Importation and exportation by sea is most often the method used for drug trafficking, but air and land transportation methods are also used.
Cocaine is the primary drug threat in Florida, arriving by any one of a number of means from South America, where it originates. Additionally, methamphetamine labs (meth labs) and marijuana cultivation and trafficking are an issue. The DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) is a federal agency which, along with Florida law enforcement, works to crack down hard upon any and everyone suspected of a drug crime and vigorously enforces U.S. controlled substances laws to their fullest extent.
Defending Drug Charges in Jupiter, West Palm Beach and Boca Raton
If the DEA suspects you or a loved one of a drug crime, you can be guaranteed that they will pursue filing formal charges and attempt to have you imprisoned. Make sure you do everything you can to avoid jail time and other penalties by working with Boca Raton drug crime lawyer Robert G. Whittel.
Robert Whittel will fight to protect your rights and will pursue a fair and just trial for you, to the extent of his abilities. Attorney Whittel will utilize all of his resources and draw upon his years of experience to build the best defense strategy for your unique case.
Accused of drug possession, distribution or trafficking? Contact our offices today!
- 'Operation Dirty Dope' Yields 15 Arrests in Boynton Beach Boynton Beach police arrested 15 people in their month-long undercover drug sting 'Operation Dirty Dope' aimed at catching suspected drug dealers
- 5 Notre Dame Football Players Arrested Five Notre Dame football players were arrested Friday night after police stopped them for speeding and reported finding a handgun and marijuana in the
- Pinellas Park Doctor Gets 3 Years For 3 Pill Mill Deaths A 76-year-old Pinellas Park doctor has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for the deaths of three patients who were prescribed pain medications at
- St. Pete Police Arrest Man Accused of Running $1 Million Marijuana Operation Detectives arrested a St. Petersburg man who was allegedly running a drug operation involving more than $1 million worth of marijuana. The 24-year-old
- 15 Arrested in Undercover Heroin Sting in Manatee County Fifteen people have been arrested as part of a drug-trafficking investigation in Manatee County. The multi-agency investigation started due to the